We are looking for an operations administrator to support the daily operations of our company. We are seeking an individual who is highly detail-oriented and is committed to quality and accuracy.
Vacancy: Operations Administrator
Who are we?
Are you worried about the climate crisis and how it will impact our future? So are we.
That’s why we are on a mission to make sure every building on this planet is green.
Combatting the climate crisis is behind everything we do as a company. We are a small organisation but we strongly believe that a strong team with a clear purpose can make a real impact. Our mode of operation is do good and be good. We always strive to do good for the planet, and also be a good employer.
The built environment contributes almost 40 percent to global energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. We want to get that number down as quickly as possible.
We were founded to verify the impact of the built environment around the world, acting as an independent third party to validate sustainability claims made about buildings and ensure companies are genuinely making a positive difference.
We are a small organisation but we strongly believe that a strong team with a clear purpose can make a real impact. Our mode of opeation is ‘do good and be good’. We always strive to do good for the planet, and also be a good employer.
What is the role?
We are looking for an Operations Administrator to support the daily operations of our company. We are seeking a self-motivated and proactive individual who is committted to operational excellence and client satisfaction.
To be successful in this role you should be comfortable working with numbers, manipulating datasets, and thinking critically to solve problems.
We’re a small team, so the Operations Administrator will thrive on a high variety of tasks (including invoicing, query handling, reporting and HR).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing client-facing inboxes and responding to queries in a timely manner
- Preparing invoices for clients, monitoring payments, chasing bad debt and managing supplier setup
- Supporting on accounting processes such as posting receipts and tracking expenses
- Updating company databases and preparing regular reports (both internal and external)
- Organising company events and supporting in developing team culture
- Researching new legislation, policy changes and other business requirements
- Performing other duties and providing administrative support as needed
Key skills and experience:
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to follow standard processes and procedures
- Ability to prioritise competing responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to learn new concepts and apply critical thinking to them
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret quantitative data
- Proficiency in using MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work from home without supervision
- Minimum 1 year work experience in an operational role
- Ability to work from home
- Must be authorised to work in the United Kingdom
- (Desirable) further education in business administration, such as NVQ/SVQ, OCR, or BTEC qualifications
Some of the best candidates come to their role on winding paths. If you feel that you have skills and experiences that will help you excel at the role but don’t tick all boxes don’t worry – we would love to hear from you!
Location: Remote but must be based in the UK and able to travel to London on a regular basis for team meetings
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000