We are seeking an individual who will lead on the daily operations of our company. If you’re interested in this position, please submit a CV and cover letter by the 16th June!
Vacancy: Operations Manager
Who are we?
Sintali is an environmental certification body, which was founded to verify the impact of the built environment around the world. Sintali acts as a global certification partner for IFC’s EDGE green building program, transforming the built environment and creating a pathway to ensure that every building on this planet is green.
Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiencies (EDGE) is an innovative green building standard and certification created by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), member of the World Bank Group. EDGE makes it faster, easier, and more affordable than ever before to build and brand green.
EDGE is growing at an exponential rate, quickly becoming the most dominant green building certification in many countries around the world. Designed for mass market transformation, EDGE is being applied at scale. across the world. As one of the two global certifiers, Sintali delivers EDGE certification in over 170 countries.
What is the role?
We are looking for an operations manager to run the daily operations of our company. The individual we seek is highly detail-oriented and committed to quality and accuracy. As a small team, the operations manager will undertake quite a diverse role, leading across a variety of topics included order processing, finance, and HR.
To be successful in this role you should be highly organized and thrive under pressure. You will be comfortable working with data and manipulating information, and get excited about a role with a high variety of tasks.
You are highly organised and love setting up processes. You enjoy variety in your work, and like a good challenge. You are excited by finding patterns in data and problem solving. You enjoy working with people and in a team. You want to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You have a strong sense of purpose and are looking to work at a company with strong values.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing operations policies and systems to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and obstacles of key initiatives
- Overseeing the order processing of the business, including reviewing and approving invoices, handling accounting queries
- Overseeing HR duties such as running the recruitment process and onboarding new staff members
- Management of the operations team
- Liaising with external accountancy to prepare monthly reports, analysing variance on a month by month basis and initiating corrective actions
- Liaising with legal partners to develop, update and maintain compliance with regulation, as well as all contracting
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, including the development of policies and training for staff on the relevant policies
Essential skills and requirements:
- Keen attention to detail
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret quantitative data
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, HR, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Ability to streamline or implement structures and roles that boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting business demands
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration or accounting
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a related position
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics, using business management software (PowerBI)
- Ability to work from home
- Authorised to work in the United Kingdom at time of employment
Location: Remote but must be based in the UK and able to travel to London on a monthly basis for team meetings