We are seeking an individual who will help us nurture and grow our network of partners across the world to drive decarbonisation of the built environment.
Vacancy: Partnerships Manager
Who are we?
Are you worried about the climate crisis and how it will impact our future? So are we.
That’s why we are on a mission to make sure every building on this planet is green.
The built environment contributes almost 40 percent to global energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. We want to get that number down as quickly as possible.
We were founded to verify the impact of the built environment around the world, acting as an independent third party to validate sustainability claims made about buildings and ensure companies are genuinely making a positive difference.
Our core service offering is EDGE certification. EDGE was created by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), member of the World Bank Group, and is an innovative green building standard and certification. EDGE makes it faster, easier and more affordable than ever before to build and brand green. EDGE is revolutionising green buildings around the world and enabling mass market transformation of the built environment.
As one of the two global certifiers, Sintali delivers EDGE certification in every country around the world, supporting the vision that every building on this planet can be green.
We are a small organisation but we strongly believe that a strong team with a clear purpose can make a real impact. Our mode of operation is ‘do good and be good’. We always strive to do good for the planet, and also be a good employer.
What is the role?
Sintali operates a distributed sales model, working closely with a variety of partners from consultancy firms to associations and institutions to advance the EDGE green building certification scheme. We are looking for a partnerships manager to act as the key contact for all sales partners within the organisation, providing support to help each partner achieve their objectives, identifying needs and additional resources that may help them and keeping them accountable to meeting certain performance indicators.
The individual we seek is energised from talking to people and enjoys working with a wide variety of stakeholders across the world. As a small team, the partnerships manager will undertake quite a diverse role, leading across a variety of topics included partner onboarding, partner training, partner management and new partner development. The key outcomes desired from this role are a strong partner sales force that is delivering on its goals and has strong company loyalty to Sintali.
To be successful in this role you should be highly organised and thrive under pressure. You will be comfortable working with people from various cultures, aggregating insights into useful data to make data-driven decisions and get excited about a role with a high variety of tasks.
While the majority of the work will be delivered remotely, there will be some business travel in the role to visit the partners and support relationship building.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with existing partners to ensure mutual success and long-term collaboration.
- Act as the main point of contact for all partner-related queries (technical, commercial, operational), addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring overall satisfaction.
- Coordinate with internal teams in the delivery, operations and commercial departments to ensure effective implementation and execution of partnership initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate, and establish new strategic partnerships that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business needs and develop partnership strategies to meet those needs.
- Lead negotiations for partnership agreements, including terms, conditions, and performance metrics.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of partnerships.
- Regularly analyse partnership performance and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to business challenges.
- Analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- High degree of initiative and a commercial, entrepreneurial mindset
- Team player, open communicator and collaborator with an ability to build bridges and communicate across the boundaries of your team and function
- A start-up mentality, ability to self-organise, and passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
- The ability to see long and short term, thinking tactically and strategically
- Have high emotional intelligence and ability to empathise and work through differing opinions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Proven experience in partnership management, business development, or a related role
- Experience in sustainability and/or real estate sector strongly preferred
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of Spanish (additional languages a bonus)
Location: Remote but must be based in the UK and able to travel to London on a monthly basis for team meetings